Q: I’m interested in sponsoring, where do I learn more?
A: See all the details on sponsorship opportunities and benefits, answers to sponsorship FAQs, and more on our sponsorship page here.
Q: I want to speak at the Gateway to Solar conference, how do I apply?
A: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on speaking at the conference. Please note that we have already planned the majority of our programming, so speaking opportunities are not guaranteed.
Q: Is there a mobile app?
A: We have a free conference app for registered attendees. The app includes a customizable agenda, speaker and venue information, and is the best way to connect with attendees ahead of the conference. It's the most up-to-date source, so check back frequently!
Once you register for Gateway you'll receive an access code for the app - get your ticket today!
Q: Can I volunteer at Gateway to Solar?
A: We welcome volunteers! Please sign up here if you're interested, and we will contact you if you are selected. Volunteers receive a free ticket for the day they work and help greet guests, answer questions, and assist speakers with technology requests.
Q: Will I receive an attendee list?
A: Only sponsors receive a complete attendee list pre- and post-event. Learn more about sponsoring here. The mobile app is a great way to see who else is coming and connect with other attendees before the conference.
Q: I want to share this conference with my network, do you have graphics or sample posts?
A: The 2023 media kit is attached here with sample social media posts and fun graphics you can add your team's headshots or logo to. Thanks for sharing!
Q: How do I get there?
A: MnSEIA's 10th annual Gateway to Solar conference is at a new venue - the InterContinental Minneapolis – St. Paul Airport Hotel! Please refer to our Venue page for directions and information.
Q: What hotel should I stay at during the conference?
A: Book a discounted room in MnSEIA's block at the InterContinental here by September 8.
Q: I have dietary restrictions or accessibility requests - what happens next?
A: When you purchase your Gateway ticket, please include your dietary or accessibility requestions in your registration. If you or someone else already purchased your ticket, please email email@example.com and let us know. Attendees with dietary restrictions will need to pick up a card from the MnSEIA desk when you arrive at the conference to show lunch waitstaff and receive the correct food.
Q: I’m a nursing mother, do you have a private area for me?
A: Yes, we have a private parent's room with a mini-fridge. You are allowed to store anything you need within this room. Visit the MnSEIA desk for help unlocking the room.
Q: Is there a coat room or locked room for my valuables?
A: Yes! There is a coat rack by the registration desk. Attendees can also store laptops or valuables in our locked staff room.
Q: Can I reserve a conference room?
A: The Venture conference room is available from 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM on 10/9 and 10/10 for client meetings. It can be booked in 15 and 30 minute increments. Reservations are made through our conference app.
Q: I’m a student, do you have student pricing?
A: Yes, we offer discounted student pricing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the discount code. Alternatively, we also welcome volunteers!
Q: How do I know if my company is a MnSEIA member to receive the discounted member ticket pricing?
A: All current MnSEIA members are listed on our website here. Please only select the member ticket if your company is a current, paid MnSEIA member.
Q: I want to transfer my ticket to a team member, can I do this?
A: Please email email@example.com with the name and email address of the currently registered attendee as well as the name, email address, job title, and dietary restrictions of the new attendee.
Substitutions are allowed for individuals within the same company, substituting multiple individuals is not permitted for a single pass.
Q: Can I buy a walk-up/day-of ticket at the Conference?
A: We encourage purchasing tickets ahead of time so we have accurate head counts for food. However, you can buy a ticket day-of at the MnSEIA desk for an additional fee.
Q: I need to cancel my Gateway ticket, what happens next?
A: Our cancellation policy is:
- Substitutions are allowed by individuals within the same company, prior to the event or onsite. Substituting multiple individuals is not permitted for a single pass.
- Cancellation requests by September 9, 2023 will be eligible for a 50% refund.
- Cancellation requests after September 9, 2023 will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellation of a registration does not cancel an attendee’s hotel reservation. Individuals are responsible for canceling their own hotel reservations.
- All registration cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The date of email cancellation request will be considered the cancel date.
- Requests for refunds received by September 9, 2023 will be processed after completion of the event.
- In the event the conference is cancelled outright, MnSEIA’s liability is limited to the refund of the conference registration only.
- In the event an in-person conference is cancelled, the event may switch to a digital format. MnSEIA will provide a digital sponsorship package that is commensurate with the original sponsorship package. Any excess dollars will be refunded after the conference or can be moved to a 2024 Gateway to Solar conference sponsorship.
Q: What do conference sponsors receive?
A: Gateway sponsors can expect:
- Complete pre-registered and post-conference attendee list (sent in September.)
- All attendee tickets include full access to meals (breakfast and lunch offered each day,) the Welcome & Closing Receptions, the exhibit/sponsor area, keynotes, breakout sessions, and NABCEP training courses. We don’t have “exhibit only/booth only” tickets.
- Logo placement on MnSEIA’s website, conference app, social media, and the sponsor reel at the event.
- “Sponsor Marketing Toolkit” with event graphics, sample social media posts, and more.
- Two full days of networking with our 500+ attendees. See our 2022 attendees here.
- Access to private conference rooms for meetings and business deals.
- WiFi access for your attendees.
Q: What should I expect at my exhibit table?
A: If your sponsorship package includes an exhibit table, here’s what to expect:
- 6 foot table
- 1 black tablecloth
- 2 chairs
- WiFi access for your attendees
- Ability to order power and technology through Encore
- Note: There is no pipe and drape
Q: Who attends the Gateway to Solar Conference?
A: 2022 was our largest conference yet with over 500 attendees and we're expecting an even bigger event this year! View last year's attendee list here.
Q: Will I receive an attendee list?
A: Sponsors will receive a complete attendee list in September and post-conference.
Q: Where can I find an exhibitor information packet?
A: The exhibitor info packet will be available soon. This will include information on technology requests, shipping, and a sponsor checklist.
Q: How do I register my attendees?
A: You'll receive a code to register your attendees with your exhibitor information packet.
Q: What's my exhibit table number?
A: MnSEIA does not send out pre-assigned table placements. When you check-in to set-up your exhibitor space, we will direct you to your table at this time.
Code of Conduct:
MnSEIA is committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, or other protected characteristics. We expect all attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, venue staff, and exhibitors to help us ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone. This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
CODE OF ETHICAL CONDUCT: Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative. Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. Be mindful of your surroundings
and of your fellow participants. Alert event venue security or MnSEIA staff if you notice a dangerous or harassing situation or someone in distress.
UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT: All who participate in the event deserve respectful treatment, regardless of the capacity in which they are attending. Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct by any attendee, speaker, partner, exhibitor, or volunteer of the event or related event activities. MnSEIA defines harassment to include: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, or disability; use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or unwelcome following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention. Attendees often combine professional activities with social interaction and while MnSEIA encourages such networking and strengthening of connections between participants, MnSEIA reserves the right to remove anyone whose social attentions become unwelcome to an attendee or exhibitor, who appears inebriated and who engages in conduct that interferes with the ability of other attendees and/or exhibitors to participate in and enjoy the event. Event participants are not permitted to bring firearms to the event.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR: Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated at the events whether by (including but not limited to) attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. MnSEIA, at its discretion, may bar those who violate this code from continued attendance or participation in some or all of the events, without refund of any fees paid, and may in appropriate circumstances bar violators of this code from attendance or participation of future events.