FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 21, 2023
MnSEIA's 10th Annual Gateway to Solar Conference Set to Shine Brighter Than Ever
St. Paul, MN—The Minnesota Solar Energy Industries Association (MnSEIA) is proud to announce that the highly anticipated Gateway to Solar Conference is back for another year. The 10th annual conference will be on October 9-10th at a new venue, the InterContinental Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport. This year's event promises to be the biggest and best yet, with an estimated 550+ attendees converging for two days of networking and education.
The Gateway to Solar Conference is the largest solar and energy storage event in Minnesota, bringing together solar professionals, industry experts, and policymakers from across the country. This year, MnSEIA is excited to unveil a new breakout session format, “Short Circuits,” further enhancing the conference experience for all attendees.
“It’s exciting to celebrate a decade of the Gateway to Solar Conference in a spectacular new venue,” says MnSEIA’s President of the Board, Griffin Dooling. “MnSEIA’s staff and Board of Directors are looking forward to setting new attendance records, welcoming new faces, and exploring new horizons for the industry. The new venue for a bigger audience reflects the growing interest and demand in Minnesota’s solar and storage industry."
Key Highlights of the 10th Annual Gateway to Solar Conference:
- Record Attendance: With over 550 attendees expected, the growing national audience reflects the increasing interest in Minnesota’s solar and storage economy.
- Two Days of Top-Notch Programming: The conference will feature two full days of engaging and informative educational sessions and keynotes. This year will also include a new 30-minute session format called “Short Circuits,” so we can bring you even more educational opportunities. Topics this year include domestic manufacturing, growing the solar workforce, improving interconnection, mining in Minnesota, agrivoltaics, state and national policy developments, and much more.
- New Venue, Fresh Perspective: MnSEIA is excited to host this year's conference at a new, state-of-the-art venue, the InterContinental MSP/St. Paul Airport Hotel. Free parking will be available for all attendees! For those flying into Minneapolis, attendees can simply walk across the skyway from Terminal 1 or take the 24-hour shuttle.
- Networking Opportunities: Each year, solar professionals from across the Midwest and country gather in Minneapolis to connect, share ideas, and forge partnerships. All facets of the solar + storage industry are represented. Expected attendees include solar installers and developers, manufacturers, distributors, engineers, labor unions and trainers, state and local government officials, financiers, advocacy groups, and much more. For the first time, we’re opening part of the event to the public! Job seekers, solar-interested homeowners, lawmakers, and more can attend the “Sips & Solar Open House” on October 9th from 5:30 - 7:00 PM.
"The Gateway to Solar Conference has played a huge role in MnSEIA’s history over the past ten years.” MnSEIA's Executive Director, Logan O’Grady said. “I’m excited to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Gateway conference and all the wins for the solar and storage industry that we’ve seen lately. We have a great line-up of educational topics about the trends and policies impacting the industry in Minnesota. I’m especially looking forward to the special programming on October 9th to celebrate Indigenous Peoples’ Day, including a Land Acknowledgement and the keynote ‘The Power of Native Solar’ with Bob Blake.”
MnSEIA is also looking forward to celebrating the 2023 Gateway to Solar award winners. An annual tradition, these awards honor those working hard to move Minnesota’s solar and energy storage industries forward. The 2023 award winners are:
- MnSEIA Distinguished Policy Leadership Awards - Senator Julia Coleman and Rep. Amanda Hemmingsen-Jaeger
- MnSEIA Agency Excellence Recognition Award - Minnesota Department of Commerce
- MnSEIA Excellence in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Award - EVS, Inc. and Bob Blake, Native Sun
- MnSEIA Solar Advocacy Award - Kevin Cray, Coalition for Community Solar Access (CCSA)
- McKinstry Sustainability Award - SouthWest Transit
- MnSEIA Member of the Year Award - Greentech Renewables
- Ralph Jacobson Lifetime Achievement Award, "The Ralphie" - Speaker of the Minnesota House, Rep. Melissa Hortman
An Awards Luncheon will be held during the conference on October 10th to celebrate and hear remarks from the award winners.
Registration for the 10th Annual Gateway to Solar Conference is now open. Don't miss out on this opportunity to learn, connect, and check out the new venue! View the agenda, see who else is coming, and learn more on MnSEIA’s website.
MnSEIA is a member-driven 501(c)(6) nonprofit that promotes and protects Minnesota’s solar and storage industries. We advocate in the state legislative and regulatory arenas in a unified and actionable way to move solar + storage forward. Find out more at www.mnseia.org.
Abbi Morgan, Director of Business Development and Communications, email@example.com