FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 3, 2023
Minnesota Solar Energy Industries Association Expects Action Packed 2023 Legislative Session
St. Paul, MN— A historic Midterm election for Minnesota leaves Democrats with majorities in the Minnesota House of Representatives, the Minnesota Senate, and the Governor’s office. This “trifecta” leaves many hopeful for extensive clean energy policy to pass in the upcoming legislative session.
MnSEIA is taking an ambitious approach to the 2023 legislative session, with plans to push 72 total bills and provisions - the most in the association’s history. MnSEIA’s Executive Director, Logan O’Grady, says: “Now is the time for Minnesota to expand its solar and storage industries. We have a historic opportunity to pass clean energy policies that will create family-sustaining jobs, grow our businesses, and give Minnesotans more choice in their energy resources. By leading through public policy, the legislature will not only meet the demands of Minnesotans asking for cleaner energy options; but also, signal to the world that Minnesota is a great place to invest in solar and energy storage. MnSEIA is ready to work with all legislators, the Governor, and our partners to make our solar and storage industries national leaders." MnSEIA is also looking forward to working in tandem with Minnesota Energy Chairs, Representative Patty Acomb and Senator Nick Frentz, to create and pass clean energy legislation for the state.
MnSEIA works year-round to move solar and storage forward on behalf of its 140+ member companies and this legislative session will be no different. A few key areas MnSEIA is focusing on for the 2023 legislative session include:
- Improving interconnection delays for connecting solar and storage to the grid across the state;
- Protecting and improving residential solar programs to give more homeowners the freedom and opportunity to go solar;
- Sparking growth in Minnesota’s energy storage sector to promote the burgeoning industry;
- Updating Minnesota’s nation-leading Community Solar Garden program;
- Ensuring Minnesota can take advantage of Federal Inflation Reduction Act funding and benefits;
- Growing the small-scale solar market to promote commercial & industrial solar projects;
- And much more!
Be sure to stay updated on all MnSEIA’s legislative efforts this session by following us on social media, subscribing to our newsletters, and most importantly - becoming an MnSEIA member.
MnSEIA is a member-driven 501(c)(6) nonprofit that promotes and protects Minnesota’s solar and storage industries. We advocate in the state legislative and regulatory arenas in a unified and actionable way to move solar + storage forward. Find out more at www.mnseia.org.
Abbi Morgan, Director of Business Development & Communications